Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jamie and David

Hi everyone!

Katie and I photographed a lovely wedding in East Dundee, Illinois last night. The location was ideal for an outdoor wedding and the families were incredibly fun, warm, and welcoming. The happy couple, Jamie and David, were super laid-back and fun to be around. The wedding really was a pleasure to shoot in every way.

Speaking from an artistic perspective, I tend to like the quirky, not-so-pretty or staged moments of weddings. Here are some of my favorite moments below. Enjoy! - James

Jamie loved this old barn and we did, too.






Waiting



The Bride's brother (also named David) changed into these sweet kicks after the ceremony. You know I couldn't resist. Also, I'm running out and buying a pair to compliment the orange ones I desire.



I LOVED this moment; I caught Jamie winking at a bridesmaid. It's such an encapsulation of her great personality.



Family



My take on Reservoir Dogs



Getting ready to hold Jamie in the classic bride-lays-in-arms-of-Groomsmen shot



Nana's hands. Hands are one of my favorite things to shoot. I've done my mom's, dad's, and I will probably ask you if I can do yours, too.



I was delighted when Jamie's Papa gave me this special shot. He calls his cane, "Charlie."



There will be more conventional wedding shots from the Zern/Willett wedding, have no fear! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....those are some great shots, girls! My family raved about what fun you were to work with...we can't wait to see the photos! When Jamie and Dave return from their honeymoon, they will be thrilled to see this "preview tease" of the photos yet to come! Thanks to you both!
Sue Zern (mom-of-the-bride)

Anonymous said...

These are terrific! Way to go with some great shots! I can't wait to see the rest of them. Thanks for making the photo shoots fun and enjoyable! (Lauren-bridesmaid)

Palatine Crew said...

Lovely--you've captured the spirit of the wedding!
Lisa Tofano, friend of Sue, mother of the bride