Friday, September 4, 2009

Ice Cream Making in Colorado

Last week I got to spend the week in Fairplay, CO at my mom and dad's. It was a great week (despite the cold that I caught from my husband, who caught it from my brother, and that I gave to my mom!). We made the most amazing homemade ice cream in the world. It is lemon flavored. Yes, that is a kind of weird flavor of ice cream, but it is absolutely amazing. 110% "worth it," if you will. If you're interested, I'll try to get the recipe from my dad. I know it involves egg whites, egg yolks, and whipping cream...all whipped separately so as to make sure that the ice cream is the most creamy thing you've ever tasted. I've realized that I missed photographing every other part of the experience except the freezing, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. ;-)

The last 2 pictures are of my dad's shop, which invoke about 30% of my feelings of home. The other 70% is what my mom provides!! ;-)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be in Chicago soon?? I would like to talk with you about a family photo!!! My email is kristineholzwarth@yahoo.com
Could only get the anonymous identity to work, silly given my email is my full name ......

Thanks

Karissa said...

I love those pictures! So good!!!